Wednesday, September 15, 2010

We can't do what???

Did you hear me telling Chris, Newman and Wendy about my vacation? My wife and I went to Orlando with plans to spend time in all of the theme parks. It was right after Labor Day, so we figured the crowds would be pretty light...and we were right.

The first few days were good. It was a little warm and there was the occasional central Florida shower that seems to roll through that area about once a day, but overall, things were great. Then, right in the middle of the week, my wife woke up covered in red spots. It was an allergic reaction, but we weren't sure what caused it. (She had never had that type of reaction before). We ended up at the hospital, where doctors agreed that it was definitely a reaction to something, but they couldn't be sure what caused it either. I could have been something she ate. It could have been a reaction to a bug bite. Or it could have been something completely different. Regardless, they gave her some medicine to stop the reaction and to clear up the spots. Great, right? Not so fast.
They told us that she could resume normal activity...except that they recommended that she stay out of the sun and tried to avoid sweating. We were in Disney World. There really is no way to avoid the sun and heat. I mean I guess I could have had her shield herself from the sun with an umbrella as we strolled through the park to spend the entire day inside of the Hall of Presidents, but nobody needs that! We felt like the Griswold family when they arrived at Wally World only to find it closed for rehab. ("Sorry folks!")

No comments:

Post a Comment