Thursday, April 15, 2010

Some of my favorites...

One of my jobs here at the station is to post the Rate PST's Music surveys. If you've never taken one of the surveys, you should try it. You listen to short 10-15 second clips of about 30 songs and you rate each one. You can "love" a song, "hate" a song, or rate it somewhere in between. Plus, you also tell us if you want us to play a song more, less or the same amount. It only take about five minutes and the best part is, the feedback you give us really does determine how often a song will play on PST.

So I just posted a new survey last night and like I do each time I post one, I took the survey myself. (I love music and no lie, I really enjoy taking the survey!) Here are some of the songs I "loved":


Taylor Swift Today Was A Fairytale

Lady Gaga Telephone

Train Hey Soul Sister (although I did also say that I don't need to hear it more often)

Lady Antebellum Need You Now

The Script Breakeven (even though I've heard it a million times, I still love it)


I also really like two new songs in the survey: Nickelback's This Afternoon and Rihanna's Rude Boy.


Have a convinced you to take your own survey? I hope so...and I hope you have as much fun with it as I do. To get started, just go to http://www.wpst.com/rate

1 comment:

  1. I used to love Taylor Swift's songs, until they all started to sound the same. Literally. "Love Story" was great, "You Belong with Me" was good, but now with "Today was a Fairytale," it's just too much! I also think "Today was a Fairytale" is just a bunch of lyrics she threw together to make yet another prince/princess type of song. There's not much to it and I have to change the station whenever I hear it. It would be nice if she would get back to different types of songs, like that one she did called "Pictures to Burn."

    I'm also sick of hearing Lady Gaga songs as her music super overplayed, but I agree with your other picks, especially Lady Antebellum-someone new to listen to! :)

    ReplyDelete