Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What's your favorite holiday movie?

Yesterday morning, we talked about an EW.com poll that asked people to choose their favorite holiday movie. A Christmas Story was voted #1, followed by Love Actually (which is a good movie, but #2? I don't think so). National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, which is my favorite holiday movie, was #3.

There were two great movies that listeners suggested that weren't even on the list: Home Alone and Bad Santa. And this morning, I thought of another one that should have made the list (even though it may not really be a true holiday movie). It's Trading Places starring Eddie Murphy & Dan Aykroyd. That movie is hilarious (and it does take place during the holidays).

Other movies that did make the list included It's A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, A Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf and Die Hard.

What is your favorite holiday movie? Let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Trading Places has always been my favorite Christmas movie but it's not exactly a family friendly movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE "Love Actually"! It's such an awesome movie. Definitely one of my favorites ever, holiday or not. I also love "A Christmas Story" and "Home Alone," but what about "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"???? Classic! Granted, it's about Thanksgiving, but that's still a holidy! That's definitely one of my all-time favorite holiday movies.

    ReplyDelete