Wednesday, February 17, 2010

And the winner is...

I know that the final 24 American Idol contestants have just been announced and that there is a long way to go in the competition, but based on what I have seen, I am going to pick the two contestants who I think will be in the finals.

When Idol began in England, it was called Pop Idol and I think that name is more appropriate for this competition. The goal should not be to find the best singer in the group, but instead, to find a pop star. Madonna has never been the best singer in the world. Same goes for Britney, but they are both huge pop stars. Simon definitely understands that...and America usually gets it right. Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Jordin Sparks and David Cook were all great winners. Then there's Fantasia Barino and Taylor Hicks. Good singers...but Idols? I don't think so. (This year, I think Crystal Bowersox falls into that category). That being said, here are my picks.

First up is Andrew Garcia. He's good a great voice. A good personality. And he has already shown that he can make songs his own (ie, his cover of Paula Abdul's "Straight Up"). I think he may be the contestant to beat this year.

And my second pick is Casey Johnson. Women (especially Kara) love him. He is a good looking guy with a very good voice. I think he needs a little work on his charisma on stage, but he has the makings of an "idol."

So what do you think? Will I be right or am I way off? Let me know who you think will be there in the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment